St Mary's is open every day from 9.30am - 4pm,
and everyone is invited to come and light a candle in prayer.
Our main Sunday service is Communion at 9.30am.
On the first Sunday of the month we have All Age Worship at 9.30am followed by a Communion Service at 11.15am.
Morning Prayer is said every weekday at 8.30am.
There is a short service of Holy Communion on Tuesdays at 10.30am. We call this Quiet Communion as there are no hymns.
Tuesday Teas takes place between 2 and 4pm every Tuesday, when tea, coffee and cake are served.
Smiley Faces, our Toddler Praise group, takes place on Fridays in term time between 1.45 and 3.15pm.
Coffee, tea, juice and biscuits are served after the 9.30am service every Sunday, and after Quiet Communion (10.30am) on Tuesdays.
Who's who at St Mary's: contact
How to find us: map
St Mary's Church, Kirk Lane, Embsay, North Yorkshire, BD23 6SF
Regular services: services
A wheelchair and ramps are available to assist access. Please ask a member of the congregation.
What's going on at St Mary's?
Revd Marion Russell
Licensing date: Monday 30th March 7.00pm
at St Mary’s.
“Jan Jam” Entertainment 18th January 6.30 in St Mary’s: a fun evening of varietyprovided by villagers and friends of all ages. Wine and refreshments included in your £6.00 ticket (£3.00 for children under 16). Tickets from Bridget or Linda the Hairdresser.
“Exploring Faith through the Beatitudes” Group: this discussion group will begin the second half of the programme on Wednesday January 22nd 7.30pm at the Cavendish Arms. You are welcome to join in whether or not you attended the first part. More information is available from Bob or Tim.
Remove the February Blues - Come Pig Racing! This specialized Embsay pastime returns on Saturday 8thFebruary in the Village Institute. You may sponsor a race, own your own pig for a race or merely speculate on a likely winner. There is food and a bar and a good deal of riotous entertainment for people of all ages. Sue Davies has tickets and more details.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY.
- Wednesday January 15th,12.00noon, Ecumenical Lunch, Methodist Room.
- Wednesday January 15th, 7.00pm: PCC meeting at Elm Croft.
- January 18th, 6.30pm: “Jan Jam” Entertainment evening.
- Wednesday January 22nd, 7.30pm: Exploring Faith through the Beatitudes.
- January 26th 11.00: Open Meeting after morning worship. A chance to update on parish matters and to air your views.
- January 29th 7.00pm in the Village Institute. Clothes Swap: £5 entry includes Fairtrade wine and nibbles.
- Saturday 8th Feb. PIG RACING. The sporting event of the year – get it in your diary, now!