St Mary's is open every day from 9.30am - 4pm,
and everyone is invited to come and light a candle in prayer.
Our main Sunday service is Communion at 9.30am.
On the first Sunday of the month we have All Age Worship at 9.30am followed by a Communion Service at 11.15am.
Morning Prayer is said every weekday at 8.30am.
There is a short service of Holy Communion on Tuesdays at 10.30am. We call this Quiet Communion as there are no hymns.
Tuesday Teas takes place between 2 and 4pm every Tuesday, when tea, coffee and cake are served.
Smiley Faces, our Toddler Praise group, takes place on Fridays in term time between 1.45 and 3.15pm.
Coffee, tea, juice and biscuits are served after the 9.30am service every Sunday, and after Quiet Communion (10.30am) on Tuesdays.
Who's who at St Mary's: contact
How to find us: map
St Mary's Church, Kirk Lane, Embsay, North Yorkshire, BD23 6SF
Regular services: services
A wheelchair and ramps are available to assist access. Please ask a member of the congregation.
Might you be our new vicar?
St Mary’s is advertising the half time post of vicar, to be held in conjunction with the half time post of Clergy Development Officer in the Ripon Episcopal Area.
For details of the posts, the Annual Report and the Parish Brochure and Profile:
Closing date for applications 28th October 2019
What's going on around St Mary's
There will be another “Posh Tea” in the Methodist Room on Tuesday 12th November, 2.30pm to 4.30pm. Proceeds (donations as there is no fixed charge) to St Mary’s and Children in Need.
Exploring Faith through ‘Counter Lifestyle in the Beatitudes’ An 8 week series of discussions in the Cavendish Pub starting on Wednesday 13 November at 7pm.
Shortlisting for our new vicar, Wednesday 13th November at 7.00pm. Please hold these discussions in your thoughts and prayers.
St Mary’s Gift Day Service 2019 will be on Sunday 17th November at 9.30am. There are still a few packs of letters to be delivered in the village this week. Please help by taking some from the pew by the door. And thank you to those who have distributed so many already.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY.
- Sunday 10 November, 10.00am: Remembrance Service at St Mary’s
- Tuesday 12 November 2.30pm: “Posh Tea”: Methodist Church Hall, 2.30 to 4.30pm
- Wednesday 13th November 7.00pm Beatitudes discussion group at the Cavendish.
- Wednesday 13 November: meeting to shortlist applicants for the post of vicar at St Mary’s
- Saturday 16 November, 10 to 11.30am: Christian Aid coffee morning at Trinity Methodist Church, Skipton
- Sunday 17th November 9.30am: Gift Day Service in St Mary’s
- Saturday 23rd November 10.30 to 11.30am: Craven Refugee Support’s collection of second hand household goods at St Andrews Church, Skipton